Design of Feather Banners
Common Mistakes to Avoid with the Design of Feather Banners
Any professional marketer or business owner will tell you that advertising and visibility are two of the most important focus points for a business. If people are not aware of your event, product, or brand, they cannot invest in it. This is why there are so many different ways to advertise.
Feather banners form part of the large range of items that can help to increase the visibility of your brand. Because feather banners are easy to transport, simple and quick to erect and take down, lightweight, and easy to carry and transport, they are very popular. There is also a wide variety available on the market. These units provide outstanding visibility and they are also a great deal cheaper than the usual, traditional advertising media.
It is, however, easy to make mistakes when it comes to the design of feather banners, which may not only make your business look bad, but also significantly reduce the visibility of the banner. Here are some of the mistakes to avoid:
- Small objects, logos, and/or text: Remember that the idea is to make your brand as visible as possible. While there may be logos or images you like, they have to be of an adequate size to be able to be seen from a distance. In order for your banner to be seen from afar and for people to be able to receive the communication or message of the banner, the font and logo have to be big enough to be read from a distance.
- Too little contrast: The message or logo you use has to stand out. Colour and font can be used to achieve this. The background colour should be in stark contrast to the text colour. For instance, if you use a light background colour, use a dark text colour, and vice versa.
- Spelling or grammar mistakes: Nothing will detract from your brand like bad spelling or grammar. While this seems like a very obvious thing to avoid, it is surprising how often people get it wrong. Ensure that the design is checked thoroughly and proofread before the final product is printed or sold. Your feather banner represents your brand, so mistakes will create a negative perception of the quality of your brand.
- Omitting vital information: It is actually shocking how often vital information is left out. For instance, if you are creating a feather banner that advertises a sale, vital details like the date, venue, and time have to be included. Contact information can also be added to the feather banner, but this must be done in a large-enough font for people to be able to read it.
- Crowded design: While omitting important information is one thing, you also cannot include all the information in the world. There is only so much space on the banner, so cramming it full of information could lead to a messy and confusing design that confuses people. Keep it simple with only the most vital information.
- Incorrect materials: Most modern units can be used both indoors and outdoors, but if you are going for feather banners that will be used outdoors most of the time, you need a more robust material that is fade-resistant, can deal with moisture, and will not tear in the wind. Indoor banners can be made of more flimsy fabrics because they don’t need to deal with outdoor conditions.
If you are looking for well-designed feather banners that can increase the visibility of your brand, contact our creative team at Gawk. We specialise in a wide variety of display items that will help to elevate your brand with great design and robust manufacturing.